A patent protection is possible for a technical creation if it meets certain “patentability” conditions. A patent confers an exclusive right of exploitation to its holder/holders or to their successors in title. It can be a product, a process or a device (new technologies, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, etc.). The creation must be a real invention, new, inventive and capable of industrial application. To be registered, the patent application file must be very detailed and solid : it must be demonstrated that the patentability conditions are met.
Are you looking for a Patent Lawyer in Marseille ? Valette Bove Law Firm is the intellectual property law firm in Marseille that suits you.
We offer a legal service of advice, assistance and representation for all your projects and procedures, in patent law, more specifically in the following areas :
1. Patent Registration Process
At the international level, the patent for invention is administered by the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT). At European level, it is possible to file a patent application with the European Patent Office (EPO), which will be responsible for transmitting the application to each Member State via the European Patent Convention (EPC). Thus, the "European patent" issued constitutes a "bundle" of individual national patents, to be validated by each Member State. In France, it is the Ministry of the Economy that receives such requests.
We offer a legal service for the patent registration procedure, at national, European and international level:
- Procedure for filing a patent application in France
- Procedure for filing an application for european invention patent
- Procedure for filing a patent application for invention at the international level (PCT) (English initials of the Patent Cooperation Treaty)
- Protection and valuation of invention patents
2. Patent Opposition Proceedings
Within a period of 9 months from the date of publication of the mention of the grant of the European patent, any third party may file an opposition to the European patent granted with the European Patent Office (EPO). Anyone can challenge the grant of a European patent on the grounds of exhaustively listed grounds for opposition.
The opposition procedure may lead to the rejection of the opposition, the revocation of the patent, or even the maintenance of the patent in an amended form. In France, following the publication of a patent application, it is possible to file an opposition procedure with the INPI.
We offer a legal service for the opposition procedure with the EPO, in demand or in defense, as well as for the opposition procedure with the INPI.
3. Drafting/Negotiation of Patent Contracts
As with trademarks, the patent can be licensed or assigned to a third party, for remuneration.
We offer a legal service for the drafting / negotiation of contracts relating to patents, such as:
- Patent assignment contract
- Contract for the assignment of one or more patent applications with their priority right
- Contract for the assignment of one or more patent applications with their international (PCT) or European extensions
- Development of patent co-ownership regulations (it happens that the patent is co-owned and it is often useful to establish a conventional regulation)
4. Patent Litigation
We offer a legal service for litigation relating to patents, such as:
- Procedure for patent invalidation in France
- The seizure procedure in the field of patents
- Procedure for patent infringement
- Litigation of employees' inventions