Copyright & Related Rights Attorney
Any creation, when it is original, can benefit from copyright protection.
Are you looking for a lawyer, in Marseille, specialized in Copyright & Related Rights ? Valette Bove Law Firm is the right law firm for you. We offer legal advisory service, assistance and representation for all your projects and procedures, in Copyright & Related Rights, more specifically in the following areas:
1. Copyright & Related Rights Protection
The article L. 112-2 of the French Intellectual Property Code draws up a non-exhaustive list of works likely to be protected and the courts come to specify on a case by case basis which ones can be protected. These are literary and artistic works: literature, music, audiovisual, art, digital (softwares, including preparatory design material). (Literary and artistic property)
We offer a legal service for:
- Protection and enhancement of copyright at a national, European and international level
- Protection and promotion of the software at a national, European and international level
Related rights are rights independent of copyright in literary and artistic works : they are exclusive and granted to certain auxiliaries of such creations: performers, producers of phonograms, producers of videograms, audiovisual communication companies.
We offer a legal service for:
- Protection of related rights: performers, producers of phonograms, producers of videograms, audiovisual communication companies
2. Drafting/Negotiation of Copyright & Related Rights Contracts
We offer a legal service for the drafting / negotiation of contracts relating to copyright and related rights, such as:
- Music or literary publishing contract
- Co-publishing contract
- Editorial preference pact
- Galleries and exclusive representation contract
- Diffusion contract
- Actor's contract
- Model agency contract
- Representation contract
- Contracts for the exploitation and transfer of copyright
- Production or co-production contract
- Purchase contract for television broadcasting rights for cinematographic films
- Patronage or artistic partnership contract
3. Copyright & Related Rights Procedures
We offer a legal service for copyright and related rights procedures, such as:
- Procedure for infringement of copyright
- Procedure for claiming an intellectual work
- Copyright infringement seizure procedure
- Copyright infringement claim
4. The Sui Generis Right of Database Producers
In addition to copyright & related rights, there is a third sub-category within literary and artistic property: the sui generis right of database producers, resulting from a European directive of March 11, 1996. the origin of additional protection of databases, transposed into the national legislation of each Member State of the European Union. This protection complements that provided by copyright and requires very specific conditions to be met.
Under French law, it has been transposed via the articles L. 341-1 to L. 343-4 of the intellectual property code. The producer of databases is defined as "the person who takes the initiative and the risk of the corresponding investments".
We offer a legal service for any advice relating to the protection of databases.